As you know, on Race Across events you have to bring a compulsory set of equipment to the start.
Why is this compulsory? The first and main reason is your safety.
Here is the list of mandatory equipment common to all distances:
– Approved helmet (CE STANDARDS)
– Front bike light *
– Rear bike light x2 *
– High visibility waistcoat or visibility harness
– Gps meter with downloaded route in one or more segments
– Repair kits **
– Reflective strips ***
– Mobile phone with the number of the security headquarters ****
– 2 survival blankets (1.40m x 2m)
– Water reserve minimum 1 litre
– Food reserve (Recommendation: 400kcal)
*With batteries or spare battery for each lamp
**Multi tools / 2 chambers / 3 tyre changers / Pump / Patches and glue)
*** Rear shroud / front fork – Provided by our partner The Beam SAFETY
***** keep your phone on, do not hide your number and do not forget to leave with a charged battery
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT FOR THE 1000 KM AND 2500 KM :
– Jacket to withstand bad weather (especially in the mountains) type Gore-Tex
– Helmet light (headlamp)
Des conseils de finishers ?
Nous vous conseillons de regarder la video Maki Cycling qui a terminé le 1.000 KM de la Race Across France en 2021.